Friday, August 19, 2011

Why me?

Hello friends! Yes, I have decided to blog. If you know me well, you know that I don't like to write and am not confident in doing so...but God kept putting it on my heart and even gave me a pretty cool blog name (well, i think it's cool anyways!)..... so here goes. Please excuse all grammatical errors, mistakes, vocab mishaps, etc because they will most definitely happen.

For this first one, I just want to share a passage from my devotional yesterday. I wanted to share this one because I know it was just so good for me to hear and I am hoping some of you need to hear it as well. I am doing a devotional by Sarah Young called "Jesus Calling". You can get linked to the book if you go to my "fave reads" section. Just a quick plug for the book - it is just fabulous and you should get it. Sarah writes the book from Jesus' point of view - like Jesus is speaking to you. It is full of messages from God as she spent time meditating on Him. There is a daily message for every day of the year followed by scripture references. I promise you would love this and as you read them daily, sitting quietly in His presence, you will fall more in love with God increasing your intimacy with Him daily!

The devotion yesterday reads-

"Expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. When you become a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.
Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. This awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you--the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! Allow Me to fight for you. Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence".

Revelation 19:1, Psalm 91:1

Friends just remember that where ever you are at in life, what ever you are going through - God is there. He has a purpose. All things are for His Glory. Rest in that. He is and ALWAYS will be with you in every situation - big and small. No matter how many times we screw up and turn away from Him - He is drawing us back to Him. Like I said before and will say a million times over,  His Grace is so good. And remember, just because we experience hurt, adversity, pain, horrible times in life - we are not being punished by God for sinning - we live in a fallen world. Suffer well. These situations are sanctifying us - drawing us closer to Him. All things for His Glory!
aprilsignature

5 comments:

  1. April - this is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how badly I needed to be reminded of these words tonight. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it April. Thanks for sharing your precious heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you stated that we are not being punished by God. Sadly so many christians think that they are being punished and blame their situations on God. Great words April, I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete